Reception baseline assessment
Schools must complete the reception baseline assessment for each child in the first six weeks after they enter reception.
Key stage 1
Key stage 1 test period
|Week commencing Monday 6 June 2022||Phonics screening check week|
Key stage 2
The key stage 2 tests are timetabled from Monday 9 May to Thursday 12 May 2022.
Multiplication tables check
Schools must administer the multiplication tables check within the 3-week period from Monday 6 June 2022.
It is worth noting that there was an announcement from the government on the 14th September 2017 which stated that the KS1 SATs will be made non-statutory from the year 2023. This means that schools will be able to decide whether or not they administer them, but until this date pupils will continue to sit SATs in Year 2.
The dates for the KS2 SATs normally run over a one week period.
Over this period pupils will sit 6 different tests, with English normally taking place at the beginning of the week and maths at the end.
KS2 SATs Dates 2022 – SATs Week 2022
- Monday May 9th 2022: Spelling, punctuation and grammar (Grammar/Punctuation Test) – 45 minutes
- Monday May 9th 2022: Spelling, punctuation and grammar (Spelling Test) – 20 minutes
- Tuesday May 10th 2022: Reading Test – 60 minutes
- Wednesday May 11th 2022: Maths Paper 1 (Arithmetic) – 30 minutes
- Wednesday May 11th 2022: Maths Paper 2 (Reasoning) – 40 minutes
- Thursday May 12th 2022: Maths Paper 3 (Reasoning) – 40 minutes
Attendance during the w/c 9th May is imperative.