Year One 2020-21
Class Teacher- Mrs McNally
Teaching Assistant- Mrs Brown
SUMMER TERM 2021
Welcome back! We hope you had a lovely Easter break.
Below is an overview of this term’s learning;
D and T
· Gifts from God assembly each Friday at 10am via zoom
· Monday 3rd May/ Bank holiday - school closed
· Thursday 27th May/ school closes for the half term break
· Friday 28th May/ Parental consultations via zoom/phone
· Sunday 30th May/ Feast of Pentecost
· Monday 7th June/ Inset Day - school closed
· Tuesday 8th June/ School re-opens for Summer 2
Parents are encouraged to phone the school to speak to the class teacher rather than place a message on Class Dojo as there will be at least a 24 hour turnaround for a response.
We hope to have the BEST term!
Mrs McNally and Mrs Brown
Black History Month
In Year One, we have been learning about the life of Maya Angelou - what an inspirational woman she is! Maya Angelou taught us that we should "be a rainbow in someone's cloud." We explored what this meant and how we could be the calm and peace when someone is upset, unhappy or stressed. Maya Angelou also taught us that we can be anything we want to be. The children thought about what careers they wanted to do - the possibility is endless! We have aspiring teachers, astronauts, chefs..
Your child has been given a username and password for Reading Eggs; this is stuck in the front of their reading record (please let me know if you need a new one), Children are able to read books online which will earn them points!