The Board of Directors of Lumen Christi Catholic Multi Academy has delegated authority for admissions to the School Standards Committee of St Columba’s catholic Primary School. If you would like to apply for a place at our school outside of the normal admissions round (Reception/Year 7), you will need to complete an application form.
Please download and complete the Application Form and return it by email. Or alternatively you can collect a hard copy from the school office. Contact details are listed below.
St Columba’s Catholic Primary School
0121 675 4841
At St Columba’s Catholic Primary School, we adhere to the School Admission Code and the Schools Admission Policy.
This means that we have procedures in place to deal with in-year admission requests as follows:
• All requests for places must be reviewed by our Admissions Committee and will not be answered by our school office team at the point of enquiry
• Once an application form is received, it will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee
• You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing as soon as possible. Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of its receipt, but the aim is to notify applicants of the outcome of their application within 10 school days of its receipt.
• The school will notify the Local Authority about any applications and outcomes of the applications.
• We will, in line with the School Admissions Code, offer a place to every child who has applied for one, without condition or the use of any oversubscription criteria, unless admitting the child would prejudice the efficient provision of education or use of resources.
• Where we are dealing with multiple in-year admissions and do not have sufficient places for every child who has applied for one, we will allocate places based on the oversubscription criteria in the determined admission arrangements.
• We will not refuse any parents the opportunity to make an application or tell them that they can only be placed on a waiting list rather than make a formal application.
• If parents are advised that we are unable to offer the requested place at our school, we will include the reason why admission was refused; information about the right to appeal; the deadline for lodging an appeal and the contact details for making an appeal.
• Parents will be informed that, if they wish to appeal, they must set out their grounds for appeal in writing. We do not limit the grounds on which appeals can be made.
• Parents who wish to appeal against the decision to refuse their child a place in the school should make that appeal request in writing to the Chair of the School Standards Committee at the school address.
• Appeals will be heard by an independent panel.
• If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions, please contact the school office.
• You may also wish to discuss in-year applications with Birmingham local authority 0121 303 1888.