SELF ISOLATING INFORMATION
From 16 August, individuals are NOT legally required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19 or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and any of the following apply:
- They are fully vaccinated (“Fully vaccinated” means that you have been vaccinated with an MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine in the UK, and at least 14 days have passed since you received the recommended doses of that vaccine).
- They are below the age of 18 years and 6 months.
- They have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial.
- They are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons.
- They have been contacted by track and trace and specifically advised to self-isolate regardless of vaccination status or age.
Individuals ARE still required to self-isolate if any of the following apply: -
- They have not been vaccinated and have symptoms of high temperature, a new, continuous cough, a loss or change to their sense of smell or taste.
- They've tested positive for COVID-19 (including those that are vaccinated).
- They have not been vaccinated and someone they live with has symptoms or has tested positive.
- They've been told by Track and Trace to legally self-isolate following contact with someone who tested positive
NHS Test and Trace will contact people to let them know that they have been identified as a contact and to check whether they are legally required to self-isolate for ten days. If they are not legally required to self-isolate, they will be provided with advice on testing and given guidance on preventing the spread of COVID-19. They may be advised to take a PCR test as soon as possible through NHS testing routes, such as ordering a home delivery test kit or booking a test at a test centre.
As we prepare to return to a full re-opening in September , please find our Risk Assessment which has been devised from Birmingham City Council. Parents will be informed of any changes that may occur if restrictions are re-introduced.
Please see videos from Class teachers in readiness for September.
Year 6 transition to Year 7
Here are the links to the Year 7 starter information, virtual tours and transition information for the secondary schools.