Welcome to Year 2
Year Two 2020-21
Class Teacher- Mrs G Butler
Teaching Assistant- Mrs Stanley
SUMMER TERM 2021
Core Text - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- Continued number recognition and formation up to 100 and beyond.
- Counting up to and beyond 100 in 2’s, 5’s, 10’s, progress to 3’s and 4’s.
- Counting in twos, fives and tens as arrays, multiplication times tables and recognise as repeated addition and groups for equal sharing, understanding division as the inverse of multiplication and factors/products.
- Add or subtract from any given 2-digit number, bridging and exchanging a 10 with increased confidence.
- Consolidating using part-whole model, bar model and Using T (Tens) and O (Ones) in columns to add and subtract, and use to solve problems.
- To name, recognise and count coins and notes and understand their values and solve money problems
- To find totals of money and finding change up to £1.00. (100p = £1.00)
- Measure in centimetres .and ordering length, understand 100cm = 1m and simple conversions.
- Properties of 2D and 3D shapes, edges, faces, vertices. Fractions of shapes and numbers.
- Recognising one half, one quarter, three quarters, eighths, tenths of shapes and amounts up to 20 or 50.
- Capacity and measure in millilitres and Litres. Measuring temperature in degrees centigrade and linking this to our Science (Plants)
- Plants and Habitats
- Spacial Sense / Northern Europe
- Murals and Tapestries
- Medieval Art
- I’ve got Rhythm. Taiko drumming, Roman chants, voice as an instrument, dynamics, performance, African Drumming, world music and rhythm. Linking Rhythm to our dance topic and creations.
- The Resurrection and the significance of this in our lives now. Songs with Hosanna, Love one another prayers. Holy Holy (Sanctus). Images of Risen Christ, Paschal Candle. Prayers and songs to the Holy Spirit. Prayers for our Priests and for Religious People with special roles.
- Church (visit if possible) – statues, candles, adoration, incense and their purposes.
- Mass- Introductory Rite, Blessing during Gospel. Prayers based on bidding prayers. Learning the different responses in Mass.
- We will attend Mass virtually every Thursday streamed from St Chad’s Cathedral.
- Celebrating Differences
- Changing me
- Tolerance of other cultures
- Run a Mile Monday
- Dance – Space and shape through movement to music.
· Gifts from God assembly each Friday at 10.00am via zoom
· Monday 3rd May/ Bank holiday- school closed
· Thursday 27th May/ school closes for the half term break
· Friday 28th May/ Parental consultations via zoom/phone
· Sunday 30th May/ Feast of Pentecost
· Monday 7th June/ Inset Day- school closed
· Tuesday 8th June/ School re-opens for Summer
Parents are encouraged to phone the school to speak to the class teacher rather than place a message on Class Dojo as there will be at least a 24 hour turnaround for a response.
We hope to have the BEST term!
Mrs Butler and Mrs Stanley